Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Freedom, Omens and Opportunity

I have the honour of meeting with a wonderful circle of women who, after only meeting together twice, I am feeling a bond developing. We are all there by choice and to support one another. Period. It's amazing. I barely know these women but they believe in me, and I trust them. We are real together, even as we get to know one another. It's beautiful. I wanted to recognize them in this post today, because I feel their support as I blog this.

I set this year's intention with the word "Freedom". This is the iconic word that I intend to create in each moment throughout this year, how ever the year may unfold. In tarot, my card for the year is The Tower, which if you are not familiar with this card, can appear quite frightening, like Lightning (which is my preferred interpretation from Joanna Powell Colbert's 'Gaian Tarot' deck). These two combined could be construed as 'omens' or 'opportunities', depending on how you look at them. In years past, I would likely have prepared for the omens with a wistful hope of opportunities. For me presently, it embodies a year full of 'wtf?!' moments and immediate opportunities to pick my "omen or my opportunity" and shift my thinking.

Personally, this has offered my partner and I the 'privilege' of digging into our communication styles so we can get to a place to be more 'real' with each other. It's not always the lighthearted fun times of our early courtship, but we are learning to navigate through the tough spots and come out on the other side, each time, holding hands and finding we are still united. It's been a lot of that lately, but in years past, I might have taken the 'omen' approach and assumed my relationship was going to fail and I would be 'free' from it.

Professionally, this has offered me the opportunity to focus on a dream that had begun germinating about 5 to 7 years ago and is very quickly finding focus.


Like a leaf at the edge of one of those big river whirlpools: It goes around so slowly at first and as the funnel narrows, it picks up speed, slowly at first, but then getting faster and faster and fasteranfasterandfasteran..... you get the picture? 

In years past, my lack of focus would find this overwhelming and I would find a way to talk myself out of my dream for various reasons. I would assume the 'omen' - that bad things would happen if I was too happy.

 ...and I'd drift on by, touching the edge of the whirlpool, maybe making a revolution or two, but never courageous enough to get pulled in this far. 

I have the opportunity to say 'yes please' to any opportunity I feel called to do, and know that I can engage in my life however it pleases me. With my Highest Purpose guiding my actions and decisions, I have little fear of 'omens' and embrace these many opportunities to craft a life I am proud of and that moves and excites me. It sounds a lot like religion, but I guess that's what confidence looks like to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment