Saturday, November 28, 2015

2016 - winter training plan

I'm training my mind body and spirit this season. Training includes:

1) Efforting meditation every morning - I have a very specific order of events here so it becomes unconscious: get out of bed, pee, come downstairs, Toss down a cup of cool water with my probiotic, make a hot cup of water with two or three drops of dōTERRA wild orange, go sit in my meditation spot and get right to it. 

2) Mobility: after sitting in meditation for 10-20 minutes, I am ready to start moving. Those in the CST world would recognize my list of movements, but generally, I focus on Breathing with my movement for about 20 minutes.

3) Starting Monday I get right to my training plan. I'll be using the 4-day training wave with the focus that I must keep my heart rate in the appropriate zone no matter what I am doing. My primary goal here is to have my heart rate strap and my phone ready. I'll be rotating Clubbell Yoga with Flowfit and Clubbell Athletics. More on this in another post.

4) Drink my smoothie immediately after training! Why do I always wait so long?)


4) Prepare food each day. - I have a rotating list of simple dishes when I'm working to detox like I will be these first two weeks. I keep the menu simple, light and frequent. I double most recipes for plenty of leftovers, and make sure I have a good mix of veggie dishes and fruit 'desserts' and toss meat in with the veg from time to time. I like having a hash dish I can eat for breakfast, and a big hunk of steel cut oats. 

5) Do something for me each day. This could be taking a bath, reading something inspiring, spending time knitting/crocheting, writing. 

6) Have a meaningful interaction with someone. Some days it's just my husband, some days it's dozens of people (or even hundreds if I'm on stage) I interact with throughout the day. This sometimes is all I need to feel like I've had a successful day.


Life goes on and I also intend to remain flexible and present in the moment. 

Today and tomorrow I am taking the last of the 'me time' to prepare food and finish writing out my goals and decorate for the holidays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment