Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 21-22,2015

For a long time I have had a beautiful relationship on stage making music. Since the events of two years ago and the band's break up and reforming, it has brought a new perspective to my life. I truly love making music, and I want to keep doing so as much as I can, but I want to develop my teaching side as well. The new band structure is helping me transition into a more public figure, and is challenging me to be authentic in who I am. It is all tied into who I am and what I want to be in the story of my life.

I've started a list of my personal mantras that help me through tough times or moments when I am trying to get my grounding and perspective in turbulent times:

1) Foster a curiosity about life. Along the same lines: Turn your worry into wonder.

2) Develop a generous heart.

3) The reflection by which we measure ourselves tends to be the measure by which we judge the experiences and people in our lives. The kinder and more supportive we can be with ourselves, the more we can bring that to the people around us.

4) Whatever you are doing, commit your whole self to it in the moment.

5) I have all the wisdom within me to know what I need right now.

All that said, today I feel like I'm tumbling. I'm having some physical issues that are new to me. I've tried explaining it away to the point I've driven myself to Web.MD to try and diagnose myself with everything from menopause to gonnorrhea to M.S. I don't know how to pinpoint it, so I keep aiming my 'wellness shotgun' at the problem...

Among other ailments, I have some kind of skin infection on various parts of my body, which add to my restless misery (oh the drama!!) My left ear is one and is a good gauge for how miserable I feel right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment